The FirePro V3900 Graphics Card from AMD is a professional graphics card geared toward users in fields such as video editing, CAD, design, photography, and other media applications looking for an "entry-level" dedicated GPU. In addition to driving displays, having a dedicated GPU allows GPU-aware applications to offload many processing tasks usually handled by the CPU onto the graphics card for a more efficient workflow.
480 stream processors allow the FirePro V3900 to perform dozens of calculations simultaneously when used with applications supporting parallel processing. To help move data to and from the processors as quickly as possible, the card features 1GB of DDR3 RAM over a 128-bit memory interface to provide a memory bandwidth of 28.8 GB/s.
The card can be connected to a variety of different types of displays, including computer monitors, HDTVs, and projectors. It features a DisplayPort port with DP 1.2 support and a dual-link DVI port. Up to two displays can be connected directly to the card at once. In addition, the DisplayPort output can push out up to five discrete video streams through a single connection allowing you to either daisy-chain compatible DisplayPort monitors together or use an MST hub that then breaks the streams out into individual ports.
- Popular API supports DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.2, OpenCL 1.1, and Shader Model 5.0 APIs exposing GPU acceleration to applications that use these APIs, transferring much of the processing workload off of the CPU.
- Multi-Display Support: thanks to Eyefinity technology and multi-stream transport (MST), part of the DisplayPort 1.2 spec, this card can drive up to a total of five displays when using an MST hub or devices that support daisy-chaining.
- 30-Bit Display Pipeline capable of generating 10 bits per RGB channel for a total of 30 bits per pixel when used in conjunction with 30-bit monitors. 30-bit produces 4x more colors than 24-bit products to give you more accurate color reproduction for mission-critical graphics and photographic applications.
- AMD AutoDetect technology: the card automatically adjusts various parameters to optimize its configuration based on what the AMD AutoDetect software determines to be the best settings for whatever application you are running at the moment.
- CAD and M&E certifications mean the card has been tested and approved as a reliable solution for use with many CAD and M&E applications